Here are few questions one need to consider while porting the existing learning content to mobile devices:
- Have you considered any distribution model for your content?
Do you have some target device platforms for application delivery?
Do you need the application content to synchronize, if a user access the content through different devices?
Does the application need to support Content/UI Localization? If yes:
- Is it available for download from application stores/marketplaces? OR
- Is it accessible using the web browser on the device?
Does the application content need to be accessed by privileged users or the application content is accessible to all the public?
- Are there any specific languages that are required to be supported?
Can you give a brief on the audience who are going to access this application?
How many users may access this application?
- In case for privileged access, do you have an existing user management system in place or would like to create a new user management system?
Can you describe on the content formats to be used in the application
- What is the expected geographical location of the users?
- How many users are going to access this application concurrently?
Do you foresee a need for content conversion to make the content compatible to multiple platforms?
Do you need a meta-data driven search or do you want full content search? Do you have the meta-tags, keywords for the search ready?
Do you need assessments and surveys to built in the application?
Do you need a tracking mechanism built in the application to capture the learner responsiveness and areas of interest?
Do you have the hosting infrastructure ready for the application. If Yes,
- Document formats – Pdf, PPT, ePub, Html
- Audio formats mp3
- Video formats- mp4, 3gp
Do you need a Content Management System (CMS) to manage the content for the application or do you want to use any existing Content Management System available with you?
- Can you provide specifications for the hosting infrastructure configuration available at your end?
- Do you have a streaming server in-house/subscribed to allow serve the media(audio/video)?
With regards to the new updates for the content, what is the frequency of content upgrades?
In case, you look forward for native application development, do you have the application developer license(s) available to deploy the application on the application stores?
- If CMS is already available, kindly specify the details for the same.
- Does the content exist across multiple content repositories/databases?
- Is the content access restricted by a firewall or require some specific privileges.
Leave a Reply